Teaching Kids about healthy eating will benefit them not only as a child but will make it much easier for them as they grow into adults.
It is often a lot easier to eat healthy as an adult especially when you were taught the advantages of healthy eating as a child. And since you want to have the very best for your children, why don’t you start teaching them about healthy eating as soon as possible.
This learned behavior at a very impressionable age will very quickly end up becoming a very positive habit, and and definitely will result in a long, enjoyable healthy enjoyable active life.
Here are just a few ways for teaching kids about healthy eating together with the advantages and benefits of proper nutrition.
photo credit: usdagov
7 Ways to Teach Kids About Healthy Eating
1. First of all lead by example: If you’re slurping down a sugary soda pop and eating greasy fried fast food, it is without a doubt going to be hard to convince your kids all about the advantages and benefits of healthy eating.
Quite often your kid’s eating routine and habits can easily be traced back to yours, whether positive or negative.
2. Always keep in mind that young kids love behavior-reward scenarios. If by chance your kiddo admires a certain athlete, relate the fact that proper nutrition and healthy eating together with physical fitness is precisely what helps their hero do all the stuff that they admire about their favorite athlete.
3. How about taking your kids along when you go grocery shopping ? Be sure you shop once you as well as your children have already eaten, and introduce them to the meat, fish, and produce departments that are filled with unprocessed foods. Go ahead and let them touch vegetables and fruits, and let them ask any questions that they might have on their mind.
4. Don’t forget to be flexible. Young kids are going to always love sweets, and in moderation a sweet treat is actually not that unhealthy, plus it sometimes makes a delightful reward. Giving your child a cookie, a sugary cracker, or some potato chips each day can simply be offset through a healthy diet for the remainder of the day.
5. Do you happen to be one of those parents who typically makes different food and meals for adults than you make for your kids? If so, you need to stop this kind of behavior immediately, for a few good reasons.
Your kids look up to you and mirror your actions, and they will be inclined to try the different foods which you are eating.
Also, if you are trying to get your children to eat different foods you need to have some have patience here. Professionals will tell you that it takes approximately ten to twelve attempts before your children will try a brand new different type of food.
6. Don’t be lead into believing all the hype advertisers want you to believe. For instance advertising will try and get you to believe that pizza, and macaroni and cheese will keep your kids healthy, happy and smiling.
Make sure you stay away from synthetic fats, artificial low calorie sweeteners and no-fat food which happens to be jam-packed with sugar. Teach your kids about who really makes the food advertisements they see on TV, and explain to them just what these advertisers’ motivation actually is.
7. Get your kids involved with cooking in the kitchen. Older kids can help you peel potatoes or carrots, and the little ones can scrub and wash vegetables. If you need to, go ahead and bring a stool into your kitchen so that your kids can get actively involved when you’re preparing healthy foods.
Finally, teaching kids about healthy eating can be fun and rewarding for both you and your kids and you’ll be giving them a gift that will last a lifetime!
There’s Only HOW Many Days Left Until Christmas?
Our Countdown To Christmas Clock Says….
Just type in the Search Box and you’ll get loads of ideas for gifts and puzzles!
What can we Help You Find?